Tuesday 30 September 2014

Designer Sudha Moola Article in Deccan Chronicle for the Award BHARAT VIKAS RATAN


http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140925/lifestyle-offbeat/article/hyderabad-designer-awarded-bharat-vikas-ratan-award



A plush 800 sq-ft beauty parlour with cabins for spas and facials this was one of the many achievements of thirty-eight year old Sudha Moola from Hyderabad who was recently awarded Bharat Vikas Ratan Award, which is given for individual achievements for economic and social development. She received the award in New Delhi on September 22.

An interior designer by profession, Sudha Moola was felicitated for her designs, interiors, space management concepts etc., which she shares with her viewers through a series of TV episodes.

“Not just city folks, even people living in villages have made use of the tips and ideas I shared colour combinations, making the best of whatever furniture they have and more,” says Sudha Moola, who has been in this profession for the last 15 years.

Sudha Moola had received a letter to send in her resume and documents nominating her for the award even last year, but she admits she wasn’t ready. “I was scared, I wasn’t sure I was up to the mark. But this year I decided to do it. The officials reviewed my work spanning ten years, checked out the videos and then made a decision. At the ceremony, I believe I was the only one from Andhra and Telangana,” she says. “Now I want to concentrate on doing much better work than before and also serve people with my work,” she adds.

No comments: